Our law firm's practice in Community Association law covers the entire spectrum of legal counseling of condominium, cooperative, time shares and homeowners associations. In addition, the firm provides counseling to country clubs, master associations and owners’ ad hoc committees. We can assist the Board and management prepare for and conduct meetings, answering questions about documents and the pertinent law, enforcing the covenants and restrictions, and drafting and negotiating contracts for the provision of services.
We provide to our community association clients the following services:
- Legal counsel in the application of state and local law and court rulings and administrative decisions impacting on the operation of Community Associations.
- Compliance with applicable Federal laws, such as the Telecommunications Act of 1996, the Fair Housing laws, and the Employment Discrimination Laws, as well as similar state and local statutes and ordinances.
- Interpretation, amendment, and enforcement of the governing documents — Declaration of Condominium, Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions, the Articles of Incorporation, the Bylaws of the Association and the rules and regulations.
- Assisting the Board of Directors on fiscal matters, such as budgeting, levying special assessments, and establishing reserves.
- Addressing maintenance and repair issues and distinguishing between those projects which require Board approval and those which require unit owner approval.
- Drafting and reviewing contracts for the management, maintenance, repair and operation of the community, including construction projects and complying with construction lien laws.
- The collection of delinquent assessments.
- Reviewing loan documents and structuring commercial lines of credit and/or arranging sources of financing for recreation lease purchases, capital improvements, etc.
You must be logged in to post a comment.